Saturday 28 January 2012

Movie Review - One for the Money

Teena has been a big fan of the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich so today we went to see the first movie of the series, One for the Money.

Unemployed and newly-divorced Stephanie Plum lands a job at her cousin's bail-bond business, where her first assignment puts her on the trail of a wanted local cop from her romantic past.

Knowing nothing about the series, I went in with an open mind. I have enjoyed many movies the critics have hated so the reviews never fazed me. If they did, I would have seen something else.

I found the movie okay. According to Teena, the movie was faithful to the book but it really it did not engage me. The acting I thought was fine, the story was okay but really I found no chemistry between anyone in the movie.

I give it a 5 out of 10 and if they make a sequel, I will not be back.

No comments: