Saturday 17 September 2011

Skyline Restaurant- Queen Street, Parkdale

Today Teena and I headed to the Roncesvalles Polish Festival and on the way stopped in for lunch at the Skyline Restaurant on Queen. She had heard it had good food and was an old fashioned-style diner.

Walking in was much like stepping into the past. It is not so much of a diner but an old-style restaurant that I remember my family going to way back in the 60s. In fact, our server said that the Skyline opened sometime in the 60s. The place is very well-kept, spotless and looks like it would have opening day decades ago.

The menus seem new also, again spotlessly clean. We were in burger moods and asked what the difference was between a burger and a home burger. The burger is frozen and the home burger is freshly made. Teena had the home burger and I went for a banquet home burger, which comes with lettuce, onion, cheese, bacon, a pickle and a tomato which I gave to my wife. I don't like tomatoes and she loves them.

It was a good hearty burger and delicious. Teena enjoyed hers too.

This is a quaint old school place to eat. It's not fancy but I would not have a problem ordering anything off the menu here.

No comments: