Sunday 14 June 2009

Pearl Street Grill & Brewery Buffalo

Down by the ball park in Buffalo, only a block away, is a micro brewery/brewpub called the Pearl Street Grill & Brewery.

We fast became fans of this place.

The building was built back in 1841 in the Buffalo Erie Canal District, which was more affectionately known as "The most evil square mile in America." Eleven years ago, the brewery opened.

They had nine craft beers on tap, all brewed right on the premises. They also featured great food. The upper patios looked great but the floors they were on were booked for weddings.

The first day there I had excellent fish and chips. On our return visit, I went out of my box ordering their version of Paella, which was a combination of wild rice, diced chicken, and ouille sausage, shrimp, onion and peppers. It was fabulous, with a nice heat running through it.

The beer was excellent too. I only sampled three of the beers during my visits but what great beers! I had a Street Brawler Oatmeal stout, Lake Effect which is a 6% hoppy Pale Ale and each day finished with a Double Hopped Ale, which I loved but forget the name of.

I enjoyed Buffalo and want to go back for another weekend. I think it is a place that Teena and I would enjoy together. Pearl Street would be a must hit place.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

This sounds like an interesting brewery. You must have enjoyed trying some new beer. Your meal reminds me of Jambalya.

Swordsman said...

Sounds like Jambalay but a slightly different taste. They may have used fish stock in it. It was quite good but not as good as Jambalaya, which is one of my fav foods.